The following are 13 characteristics of adult children
Dr. Janet G. Woititz – 1983
Adult Children: –
– guess at what normal is.
– have difficulty in following a project through from beginning to end.
– lie when it would be just as easy to tell the truth.
– judge themselves without mercy.
– have difficulty having fun.
– take themselves very seriously.
– have difficulty with intimate relationships.
– overreact to changes over which they have no control.
– constantly seek approval and affirmation.
– feel that they are different from other people.
– are either super responsible or super irresponsible.
– are extremely loyal, even in the face of evidence that loyalty is undeserved.
– tend to lock themselves into a course of action without giving serious consideration to alternative behaviors or possible consequences. This impulsivity leads to confusion, self-loathing, and loss of control of their environment. As a result, they spend tremendous amounts of time cleaning up the mess.