1. I love my Inner Child unconditionally.
2. I will protect my Inner Child to the best of my ability.
3. I will take time to listen to my Inner Child and to follow through on promises.
4. I will integrate my Inner Child into my life through play, creativity, and spirituality.
5. I will take time to become my own Loving Parent.
Affirmations to be Repeated Each Day
Affirmations with other program work are a powerful tool for addressing our critical nature toward ourselves and others. These affirmations represent basic truths that most of us did not receive as children, but we can claim as adults. Read these affirmations out loud for several weeks. You may also write down some of them and post them where you can read them. With affirmations, we begin to challenge the inner Critical Parent. We learn to give ourselves a break.
1. It is okay to know who I am.
2. It is okay to trust myself.
3. It is okay to say I am an adult child.
4. It is okay to know another way to live.
5. It is okay to say no without feeling guilty.
6. It is okay to give myself a break.
7. It is okay to cry when I watch a movie or hear a song.
8. My feelings are okay even if I am still learning how to distinguish them.
9. It is okay to not take care of others when I think.
10. It is okay to feel angry.
11. It is okay to have fun and celebrate.
12. It is okay to make mistakes and learn.
13. It is okay to not know everything.
14. It is okay to say “I don’t know.”
15. It is okay to ask someone to show me how to do things.
16. It is okay to dream and have hope.
17. It is okay to think about things differently than my family.
18. It is okay to explore and say, “I like this or I like that.”
19. It is okay to detach with love.
20. It is okay to seek my own Higher Power.
21. It is okay to reparent myself with thoughtfulness.
22. It is okay to say I love myself.
23. It is okay to work an ACA program.
Higher Power. Help me to be willing to recognize the Loving Parent inside of me. Help me integrate my Inner Child more actively into my daily life so that I remain awake spiritually. Grant me the courage to change the things I can. Grant me the wisdom of my Inner Child.
BRB pages 328-329